pinkribbon

pinkribbon
Together We Can Win

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

NO CHEMO!

I received good news from the doctors today. My Oncotype DX test come back in the low range. On a scale of 0-100 it was a 14. The higher the number the more likely hood of needing chemo as part of the treatment plan. Anything under 18 is considered in the low range so my score of 14 means I only have a 9% chance of recurrence so radiation and hormone therapy should be all I need.


My radiation oncologist set me up to come back on March 6, to get set up with the machine and get all the settings for my body and size. The appointment will probably take about an hour and a half then the following week I will start the actually radiation treatments.

My blood pressure was great, but I had gained back one of the pounds I lost. The doctor laughed at me and said, "You lost 3 and only gained 1 so you're still 2 pounds ahead of the game."  They are all so positive at the Pearlman Center.


God is good. Prayer is powerful. Miracles exist.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave your thoughts.