It appears I have approximately 80% of my normal range of motion. The exercises aren't difficult, they are a tad painful, but nothing unbearable.
I was provided with a list of do's and don'ts, which include no lifting more than 5 lbs, no heat to arm, keep showers to 97 degrees or below, no cuts, scratches or bites to arm, do not have blood pressure or any injections done in the right arm, and when traveling apply a special compression bandage to the arm.
The do list includes, do specific arm exercises daily, maintain a nutritious diet, and elevate the arm as often as possible during the day. Beneficial activities include swimming, therapy approved arm exercises, walking, stair master, yoga, and water aerobics.
I have another appointment on Thursday.
My source of inspiration!
Off to the grocery store to shop for Dad. There's enough leftovers for supper tonight so when I get back I plan on elevating my arm and enjoying a good book.


No comments:
Post a Comment
Please feel free to leave your thoughts.