pinkribbon

pinkribbon
Together We Can Win

Thursday, February 21, 2013

Another Day of PT

I'm not sure exactly what I expected when I arrived at physical therapy this morning, but it wasn't the rigorous routine I got.  There was no waiting, they took me back immediately upon arrival and set me up with a stretch band hooked over the door frame and taught me two new routines of which I did 10 reps each. I was then introduced to 6 minutes on the arm bike. After that it was my routine arm reps, then I was introduced to two more new exercises which involved a door frame. the whole process only took about 30 to 45 minutes. I t wasn't an unpleasant experience and the ladies there are so nice.

I didn't have any problems until the last exercises which involved leaning in from a door frame. The therapist warned me I might be a little sore. Well, she was right. My neck and shoulders gave me a bit of a fit for a while late this afternoon, and so I laid down and rested for a bit before supper.

I'm feeling much better now. I go back again on Monday, which she said may be my last visit for now, as long as I continue the exercises at home.

I'm thinking of taking a Yoga class with my LIR group in March, we'll see.



2 comments:

  1. I'm glad things are going well for you, Debbie. Exercise from my wchair is about nonexistent and unfortunately I still eat too much.

    Good luck with yoga classes. I've heard they really help.

    Lots of love,

    Leo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Leo. I've never been much for exercising, but if I can find a fun way maybe I can stick to it. I've actually been enjoying learning to cook a bit more healthy, but there are days when I think...life was so much easier when I didn't have to think about what I ate. :)

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave your thoughts.