pinkribbon

pinkribbon
Together We Can Win

Monday, February 11, 2013

One Day at a Time


John 15:13
Greater love has no one than this, that someone lay down his life for his friends









I would like to thank all of you who  have sent cards, prayers, and gifts. Your thoughts and words of encouragement have seen me through some dark and frustrating days over the past month. 







I would like to pay tribute today to one special friend who has stuck by my side literally, lifting me up daily and letting me know that no matter what lies ahead she will be there for me.  She has played doctor, nursemaid, caretaker, house maid, and confidant during my good days and my bad. I can only pray she knows how much she means to me and I know God will bless her, in ways I never could, for all that she has sacrificed to be here for me on a constant daily basis since the day of my surgery.







Yesterday,  excuse the language, was a piss and vinegar day for me. Left alone to my own thoughts I would have spent the day wallowing in self-pity. I was feeling lonely and vulnerable, but my side kick, hung with me and kept me from drowning in my own frustrations.







Today I am feeling much better. Each day my arm is less sore and painful and today I have a good range of mobility. I made it through last night with no pain meds. It's frustrating having to let someone else do everything for you, but I'm thankful that I have Faye as my right hand lady, literally.







I have two doctors appointments on Tuesday, and then back to the surgeon on Thursday. Faye will be staying with me until then. 










I will report back after my doctors appointments with an update on what lies ahead and when I will be starting radiation therapy.














No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave your thoughts.