I arrived at Dr. Parker's office a 4 PM. Mary, the receptionist greeted me with her always, cheerful, and positive words. She has this way of making you feel special without actually doing anything special. To say I was nervous is an understatement. This was it, decision time. I spent the time waiting asking God to be my voice and speak His decision when the time came to inform Dr. Parker of my decision.
The decision is a lumpectomy. I go in for pre-op on Wed. Jan. 30 and then for surgery on Mon. Feb. 4th. The procedure will be done as an outpatient and if all goes well I will come home the same day.
Keep the prayers coming that the lymph nodes are clear, which the doctors seem to feel confident about, or as confident as they can be.
One step down. I've made the best decision I can and am now leaving the results to God!

No comments:
Post a Comment
Please feel free to leave your thoughts.