Now that the decision is behind me I'm determined to take this bad, horrible thing and make something positive from it, what is it they say, "When life gives you lemons make lemonade."
Sometimes we have to be slapped up beside the head, really, really, really hard before we see the light.
Two changes I am concentrating on are stop smoking and changing my eating habits. Neither will be an easy journey. Nothing worth doing is ever easy, but with determination, support, and a change of attitude anything is doable.
I have been slowly changing my diet by adding fruits, raw vegetables, and backing off on sugar and salt. Tonight's supper consisted of fish, yellow rich, white peas, 1 slice of whole wheat bread, red cabbage (thanks Mel), and a cup of black hot tea. Backing off on the salt and sugar is proving to be a bit challenging but it's doable. I actually made mashed potato's the other night using chicken broth and garlic salt instead of milk and regular salt. They weren't all that bad.
I'm down to 3 or 4 cigarettes a day now and today I put me a chair and table out back so I could sit and read instead of siting on the front porch with Bob and Papa smoking. I hoping that if they see that I have quit, perhaps they will follow. Not holding my breath for that one though.
Thanks for listening to my dribble today and thank you all for your support and prayers. They mean more than you know.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Please feel free to leave your thoughts.