Today was my last day of radiation treatment. YAY! Everyone at the Pearlman Center has treated me with such friendly, caring, attention throughout this entire process. All of my radiations techs, right down to the customer service rep at the front desk, gave me hugs and high fives today. I can officially say stage two of my journey is now complete. It felt so awesome to finally be able to apply the healing ointment to my chest. It was like enjoying a wonderful ice cream cone on a hot summer day. According to the nurses and radiation tech’s it should take about 10 days to two weeks for my breast to begin healing.I can’t thank everyone enough for their prayers. I am so very touched by the love and support of people, whom I have never met, except through the internet who have offered their prayers, words of encouragement, and donations to Team Debbie’s Relay for life. It amazes me how people who really don’t know me, except through the written word and social networking, have been there for me. These people live the bible verse Hebrews 13:2 which states: Do not neglect to show hospitality to strangers, for thereby some have entertained angels unawares. I believe these are the kind of people who are the true angels that God has put on this earth to help us remember that real love is unconditional.
I will admit there have been days where I have felt down, discouraged, and lonely throughout my journey; some days wondering if God did not see fit for me to win this battle would I be missed. Of course, those are the days I refrained from posting and stayed to myself. However, it was on these days that I could always count on going to the internet and finding that one of my writing friends, or Learning in Retirement friends or students, had left me some uplifting thought, email, or joke that would lift my spirits and make me smile. It may have just been a simply post to you but to me it meant everything.I want to thank everyone who sent me cards and well wishes through the mail. (Paulette, thank you so much for the weekly cards. Linda, Cheryl, your prayers, thoughts, and cards meant so much to me.) Angels must have planned the timing of receiving each card, because they always arrived on the days when I needed them the most. Thank you all.
I would also like to express how much the box of gifts and mementos from Melanie, John, and the kids have meant to me. Every day I look at my memento board and know the love, time, and effort that went into the making of each thing and it brings tears to my eyes. It is something that will live in my heart forever. Thank you, thank you, thank you!! And I love your unexpected phone calls Maddy. Keep them coming. Words can’t express my love for you all.
I would be remiss if I did not mention how much the weekly phone calls from my little brother has meant to me during this time. He has provided me with much needed laughter. I want to also thank him for going out of his way to share his weekends with me and showering me with much needed fun and warmheartedness Thank you bro! I love you.
And last but certainly not least my GNO girls! I could not live life period without you girls. Just knowing I have you in my corner means more than I can say. Thank you all for your support and love. You all ROCK! And Faye…well there’s just no words. You have been my pillar of strength day in and day out through thick and thin, before, during, and always.
I want to also send out a big thank you to anyone who has lifted me up in prayer from afar and in silent, for God knows who you are. Thank you!
I am publicly and officially declaring myself a cancer survivor and participating in the Valdosta, Walk through the Night, Relay for Life on Friday, May 3rd. I would like to thank those who have sponsored me in my first Relay. Thank you Marty, Leona, Veronica, Lisa, and Julia. The knowledge that you care enough to support me means far more to me than you could ever know. It’s always eye opening and amazing to discover who God’s angels are. They do walk among us!
I know my journey is not over, but I feel so blessed. Stage three is next - the drugs, which start Monday, May 6th. I can only pray that God will see fit to continue to keep the side effects of this treatment at a minimum. I will continue to keep everyone updated through this site as I continue forward to the next stage in my journey.
Please continue with your prayers for without God and His angels I am nothing.
1 Thessalonians 5:17 - Pray without ceasing
1 Peter 5:7 - Casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you.
Matthew 18:19-20 - Again I say to you, if two of you agree on earth about anything they ask, it will be done for them by my Father in heaven. For where two or three are gathered in my name, there am I among them.”
Romans 8:26-27 - Likewise the Spirit helps us in our weakness. For we do not know what to pray for as we ought, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groaning’s too deep for words. And he who searches hearts knows what is the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints according to the will of God.


Incredible post, Granny. I'm so glad you're surrounded by such wonderful people. Keep getting well! (((hugs))) And keep telling your story. I truly believe it makes a difference.
ReplyDelete