pinkribbon

pinkribbon
Together We Can Win

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

10 Days to Go

Today was a long day in treatment. First they took a half a dozen x-rays and then remarked the area and points for treatment for the next ten days. The past month the treatments have been focused on a wider and broader area of my breast. The next ten days the radiation focus will be on a smaller area of the breast at the location of the original cancer cells.



I don't know why lying with my arms over my head for 45 minutes makes my arms go numb, but my right arm went completely numb about half way through the process today. My left arm went numb for a while but the feeling came back after about 10 minutes. The feeling in my right arm did not return until I was able to take them out of the arm stirrups. Once I was in an upright position the numbness immediately subsided.


The good thing is I can now use cream to stop the itching on the outer parts of my breast. YAY!! The itching drives me crazy, especially at night.

I got my prescription for Arimidex filled and will be starting that on May 6th. My last day of radiation is April 30 and my birthday, May 1, will be my first day of NO radiation treatment. YAY for me!!!  Praying the side effects of this new drug aren't as bad for me as some of the horror stories I've heard from others. I know side effects are as individual as people are so I try not to focus or think about it too much, however, after reading the possibilities on the prescription sheet it sure makes you cringe a little. For some it can even cause hair loss. I had hoped that by being able to bypass chemo it would assure me a reprieve in that area, but I guess there is still a chance for anyone who is on this drug.

I missed my yoga class today because my treatment ran over due to all the extra x-rays and marking they had to do. Instead of yoga, I went to Michael's and ended up purchasing more drawing stuff and a couple of things for the kids.

I will continue to keep a positive attitude, count my blessings, and keep pray. I continue to ask for the prayers of all who know me as I feel that is what has given me such positive results so far in my journey.
Once again I thank all who have sent up prayers on behalf. May God bless you with his goodness and grace. Keep those prayers coming.

Philippians 4:6-7 


Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.







1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing all this with us, Debbie. I pray all goes well with the drug and none of those scary side effects come to pass.

    Love and prayers,

    Leo

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave your thoughts.