pinkribbon

pinkribbon
Together We Can Win

Friday, March 22, 2013

Radiation 2 Weeks In

So far the radiation treatments are going well. A couple of days I had to wait around 30 minutes, but for the most part they stay pretty much on schedule. They did move my appointment time from 9:15 to 9:30, which is fine with me, means I can sleep an extra 15 minutes. This is a good thing seeing as how most nights I sleep in three hour increments. I go to bed at 11ish, awake at 2:30, awake again around 4ish, then about the time I get back to sleep the alarm goes off. I've been trying to get off my sleep meds so, I only take them once or twice a week. I may have to up it until the treatments are done.


The only side effects I've experienced from the radiation is a mild burning sensation and sensitivity to clothing. I have found that wearing a cotton shirt under my sports bra helps. The radiation oncologist told me today that I could dust myself with corn starch to help with the burning and sensitivity.


I'm still smoke free. Yay! Still sticking to my veggie's and fruits. I've managed to come up with a good green smoothie I like, also. I try to drink one at least two or three times a week. I've been eating a lot of broccoli, cabbage, squash, sweet potatoes  cauliflower  kale,  lean turkey, lean, chicken, and extra lean hamburger, along with gluten free pasta's, and snacks. For the most part I'm enjoying my new nutritional choices. Occasionally, I allow myself a fast food meal. My biggest hurdle is trying to stay away from sweet desserts with lots of sugar. Sugar is supposed to be a big nono. I have given up soda's, except for when I have the occasional fast food meal. So, if any of you have some great veggie and sugarless recipes, please feel free to share. :D



I start my yoga, oil painting, and drawing classes next week. I'm really looking forward to the challenges they will present.

Keep praying and I will keep you posted as the weeks pass. As always, thanks for all your thoughts and prayers.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave your thoughts.