We like to think we are in control of our lives, but we are only in control of how we respond to our life. God has a plan and when we open our hearts and understand that, it makes everything that happens in our life easier to grasp.
If someone had told me a year ago I would be standing on stage with a group of over 50 women line dancing I would have laughed them out of the room. Me, dance on stage in front of an audience with my two left feet, NO WAY! I'm learning, never say never. This month I made my debut at the Hahira Honeybee Festival, strutting my stuff with six other wonderful, beautiful, mature women.
Was I nervous, heck yeah! But there is something to that saying, about stepping out of your comfort zone. You never know what you can do till you do it. We even had a couple of mess ups while on stage, but we laughed through it and realized, hey - we're here to have fun, it's not heart surgery. The audience laughed with us, not at us, and we had a blast.
Why line dancing you might ask. Well, the doctors said I needed to find a way to include strength exercises in my routine, and if I could, too find some hobby that involved using my memory, which would help with the side effects of the meds. Line dancing fills the bill for both. Some days remembering the steps can be a challenge but I'm improving and I've meet some awesome women, and I'm having a great time.
I do four hours of line dancing and one hour of senior Zumba each week. Occasionally, I'll go walk between one too three miles at the track down from the house, so I think I'm getting plenty of exercise in my weekly routine.
I've lost over 15 pounds and physically I'm doing great and I have also been working on my spiritual health. God has lead to me a church home. Sunday I joined Redland Baptist Church and I pray God will reveal to me how I can serve Him as a member of this wonderful Church family.
I'm not sure what God has planned for my life but I have a strange feeling He may have more opportunities in store for me that will force me to step beyond my comfort zone. I pray He will not let my fear get in His way and that He keeps me humble and to always give Him the glory. For I am nothing without Him!
I go back to my oncologist on the 28th, but I don't expect any changes. I don't have my follow up mammogram until January, but I know in my heart God is in control so I have no anxiety, only a hunger to live each day to its fullest and to give Jesus the glory for every breath I take.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Please feel free to leave your thoughts.