pinkribbon

pinkribbon
Together We Can Win

Monday, September 23, 2013

GP Visit

On the 19th I had my first visit with my General Practitioner doctor since my BC diagnosis. She didn't seem to even be aware of my BC journey or even that I had been diagnosed. I informed her of the mishap where their office failed to notify me of the result of my mammogram and how socked I was when I heard from the surgeons office instead of their office. She stuttered a little and said she was sorry, must have been a clerical error or oversight, that I should have been informed by them first. I shrugged and let her off the hook.



I filled her in on all that had transpired up to this point. She added the notes to my records and then told me to be sure I signed a release form before I left so she could get all my results from all the other doctors. I thought I had informed all the other doctors that a copy of everything should be forwarded to my general doctor, why else would they continual ask, "Who is your primary doctor?"

Anyhow, everything was normal, blood pressure, heartbeat, etc. I even meet my target goal of 140 lbs that my dietitian and oncologist suggested at the beginning of my journey. Two more pounds and I will be down to what I weighed 27 years ago when I got married. Woot! Woot! :)


I don't go back to see any more doctors until Oct 29th for a follow up with my oncologist. I asked my GP doc if they would do a full hormone work up on me since they have me on these body destroying drugs that deplete my estrogen, so that I could see what my estrogen levels are, she informed me there wasn't any reason to do that, because they wouldn't know what to do with the test results, same thing my oncologist told me. Maybe I'm just dumb, but it seems to me that if they took my hormone levels before I had cancer and knew how to read them then why can't they do it now. Then she informs me that my insurance wouldn't pay for hormone test, but if I wanted her to set me up with a gynecologist specialist that maybe they could run those test and do a pap physical etc.

This made no sense to me. Your office has been doing my yearly physicals, paps, hormone levels, etc for years, but know all of sudden since I have had cancer, things have changed. I'm dumbfounded. So I just told her not to worry about it there was no need for my insurance to have to pay for yet another specialist just for a routine exam and blood work. She gave me an apologetic look and walked away.

God has the finally say so anyway, but I am trying to follow doctors orders to maintain my health to the best of my ability, but they don't seem to be too concerned in helping me with that. So now my insurance will have to pay something like $200 for an office visit where all they did was fill in the blanks of my medical history, listen to my heart, take my weight and height and tell me to come back in a year. I know I may be sounding negative here, don't mean to, just relaying how things transpired. I'm beginning to understand how some people have such a low opinion of the medical profession.

It's like a revolving door...my oncologist says ask your GP, my GP says ask your oncologist or see another specialist. I think I will put my trust in the one mighty physicians who can heal more than my body.


As I'm writing this my husband walks in and informs that they called and want to set up a colonoscopy....yeah, well that they remember. LOL! Yuck! I will, but it ain't because I want to.

On a positive note, I am enjoying being back at work and of course, having a blast with my line dancing and zumba classes. I'm attending church every Sunday, but still haven't chosen a home based church, but I visited a church this past Sunday that has great potential. I know God will lead me to worship were He wants me.

Missing my grand babies like crazy. Especially with the holidays approaching I wish desperately that we were closer together, but God will see me through as He always does. They are healthy and happy, what more can I ask.

I am truly blessed.


May God bless and keep you in all that you do. 

Ephesians 6:11







Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the schemes of the devil.









Proverbs 16:7








When a man's ways please the Lord, he makes even his enemies to be at peace with him.










1 Timothy 4:10




For to this end we toil and strive, because we have our hope set on the living God, who is the Savior of all people, especially of those who believe.


1 comment:

  1. Great news, Debbie, that you're doing so well and never let it get you down. I agree about those Gp visits. Last time I went for a routine visit, I spent 30 min in the waiting room and a full hour in the exam room...just waiting. I have to go every six months to get my medicine refilled.

    Lots of love,

    Leo

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave your thoughts.