Went back to the surgeon today for my follow up. All is well. He has released me to do whatever feels comfortable for me, exercise wise. As most of you know I have been doing line dancing as a means of exercise and have discovered I really enjoy it, goes to show even someone with no rhythm but lots of desire can learn new things. Mind over matter as they say.
Many of you know I have been off work since January, so I am a little anxious about whether I can mentally handle my job as computer instructor for the LIR Organization due to the short term memory effects of the medicine I’m on, but the good news is it seems to have leveled out somewhat. My first day back at work went smoothly, so I’m feeling assured I can reinsert myself back into my work and continue doing what I love. My students are some of the greatest people I know. I have been teaching with this organization for nearly 8 years now and the students and staff are wonderful. You could not find a more supportive and loving group of mature adults. They have all truly been a Godsend to my life.
September 19th, I have a visit with my family doctor. This will be my first visit with her since my diagnosis, so we will have much to discuss. My oncologist does not do any hormone level testing, even though the drug she has me on is supposed to eliminate all estrogen in my body. So, I’m going to see if my general physician will run the blood work and help me monitor what my hormone levels are so that I can be certain the estrogen-blocking drug is actually working. This will help me determine if perhaps, we can adjust the dosage over the next few years. Five years is a long time to stay on any drug, and who knows what long-term effects it can have. They already know that it can cause early osteoporosis and bone loss. With these test result in hand I can work better with my oncologist to figure out the right medicine schedule for me over the long haul.
Many of you know that I laid down my smoking habit in January. I’m glad to announce that I am still smoke free. Praise God! My Zumba classes start back up this week, so between line dancing and Zumba I should be getting plenty of exercise. Also looking into some water aerobics classes, we will see.
Through God’s grace and love I continue to put my health issues behind me, one day at a time. I am also refocusing and re prioritizing my life putting God back where He belongs, first place. This has resulted in allowing me to take the focus off me and put it where it belongs, on God and His purpose for my life. It is so easy to fall into the traps, trials, and temptations of this world and forget where our true strength comes from and what our sole purpose in life really is, after all this is only a temporary home and we are here as God’s children and for His Divine purpose.
For the first time in a long time I am actually enjoying life, experiencing new things, and distressing more each day as I seek God’s wisdom through reading and hearing His word and applying it to my everyday living.
I want to thank all of you for allowing me to share my journey with you. Knowing there are others who are praying and thinking of me has made many stressful, depressing days, tolerable. Many of you who have helped me along my journey I have never meet in person, and yet I feel as close to you as if we have been physically visiting together forever.
I pray God will reach into your lives, lighten your burdens, and fill you with more blessings than you can hold.
Isaiah 41:10
Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
Psalm 34:18
The Lord is near to the brokenhearted and saves the crushed in spirit.
John 16:33
I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world.”
1 Peter 5:7
Casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you.
Philippians 4:7
And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
Matthew 11:28-29
Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.
Many of you know I have been off work since January, so I am a little anxious about whether I can mentally handle my job as computer instructor for the LIR Organization due to the short term memory effects of the medicine I’m on, but the good news is it seems to have leveled out somewhat. My first day back at work went smoothly, so I’m feeling assured I can reinsert myself back into my work and continue doing what I love. My students are some of the greatest people I know. I have been teaching with this organization for nearly 8 years now and the students and staff are wonderful. You could not find a more supportive and loving group of mature adults. They have all truly been a Godsend to my life.
September 19th, I have a visit with my family doctor. This will be my first visit with her since my diagnosis, so we will have much to discuss. My oncologist does not do any hormone level testing, even though the drug she has me on is supposed to eliminate all estrogen in my body. So, I’m going to see if my general physician will run the blood work and help me monitor what my hormone levels are so that I can be certain the estrogen-blocking drug is actually working. This will help me determine if perhaps, we can adjust the dosage over the next few years. Five years is a long time to stay on any drug, and who knows what long-term effects it can have. They already know that it can cause early osteoporosis and bone loss. With these test result in hand I can work better with my oncologist to figure out the right medicine schedule for me over the long haul.
Many of you know that I laid down my smoking habit in January. I’m glad to announce that I am still smoke free. Praise God! My Zumba classes start back up this week, so between line dancing and Zumba I should be getting plenty of exercise. Also looking into some water aerobics classes, we will see.
Through God’s grace and love I continue to put my health issues behind me, one day at a time. I am also refocusing and re prioritizing my life putting God back where He belongs, first place. This has resulted in allowing me to take the focus off me and put it where it belongs, on God and His purpose for my life. It is so easy to fall into the traps, trials, and temptations of this world and forget where our true strength comes from and what our sole purpose in life really is, after all this is only a temporary home and we are here as God’s children and for His Divine purpose.
For the first time in a long time I am actually enjoying life, experiencing new things, and distressing more each day as I seek God’s wisdom through reading and hearing His word and applying it to my everyday living.
I pray God will reach into your lives, lighten your burdens, and fill you with more blessings than you can hold.
Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
Psalm 34:18
The Lord is near to the brokenhearted and saves the crushed in spirit.
John 16:33
I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world.”
1 Peter 5:7
Casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you.
Philippians 4:7
And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
Matthew 11:28-29
Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Please feel free to leave your thoughts.