pinkribbon

pinkribbon
Together We Can Win

Thursday, June 13, 2013

Wait and Watch

Today I went for my follow up appointment with my radiation oncologist. The burns from the radiation are healing fine. I’ve lost another 1.5 lbs., 2 lbs. to go to reach my goal. I celebrated by going to the Smokin’ Pig BBQ restaurant with some friends for lunch today. I had a pulled BBQ sandwich with fried okra and a baked potato. Yummy!



I do not have any further doctors’ appointments until time for my 6 months checkup. On Oct. 28 I follow up with my oncologist and on Dec. 12 I follow up with the radiation oncologist. The surgeon’s office is supposed to be contacting me on July 10, to set up my follow up mammogram. So now it’s a matter of keeping a close watch on the side effects from the Arimidex, keeping up my yearly physical, exams, and test with my primary physician and praying there will not be any re-occurrences.















I feel pretty good most days. The mood swings, forgetfulness, achy muscles, and joints are frustrating at times but manageable, for the most part. I get frustrated that I don’t have the strength in my arm to do all the “heavy lifting” things I use to do but it is what it is. When I find myself getting stressed I grab my drawing pad and try to find a quiet place to just draw until I forget about whatever stressed me out.
I hope to return to my writing soon, but it’s hard for me to concentrate or remember from one paragraph/chapter to the next what my characters have done or are doing. So to all my writing friends, you now know why you haven’t heard much from me in the writing department lately.




I’m excited that the kids will be here soon! I can’t wait to get my hands on them and smother them with Grandma kisses and of course, spoil them rotten.














Thanks again to all who have followed me and kept me in their prayers. God knows all things and I hope you will keep praying for me as I learn to adjust to my new normal.


I will continue to update this site as a personal account of things happening in my life and to connect with all those have been there for me over the past 6 months. 


I love you all!
May God bless you in ways you could only dream about!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave your thoughts.