WOW, where did the year
go? 2013 was a little like being on an out of control roller coaster. There
were lots of ups and downs, and curves, but thanks to Jesus I had access to a
powerful and awesome God who saw me through to the end. I started 2013 off with
health issues that took me to a new level of appreciation for God, life, and
the pursuit of happiness. I ended the year a better person both physically and
spiritually.
Apostle Paul’s second
letter to the church at Thessalonica, was to encourage them to persevere
through the storms of life. He knew a fact that I’ve had to learn this year and
that is suffering brings maturity to
one’s faith.
I now know and understand
that regardless of the events or adventures that I may face in the coming year that
God is in control. He said in Jeremiah 29:11 “I have good plans
for you, not plans to hurt you. I will give you hope and a good future.” I
am holding to this promise. I know there will be sorrow and problems, but
whatever they are I know God has a plan to see me through them and bring me out
a better and stronger person on the other side, just as He did this year.
I begin 2014 with a new
appreciation for each new day that I am blessed to live. This year the biggest
lesson I have learned is that if one truly seeks a relationship with God He
will take you on a journey that will transform you and your life by the
renewing of your mind, body, and soul.
Each year we work diligently
to pursue our dreams and goals depending only on our own efforts and abilities
and we only call on God in times of trouble. Do you have any friends, family, acquaintances
that only call you when they need something? How does that make you feel? God
is no different. God wants a daily relationship with us. After all, He created
us from His very breath. Why would we not want a real relationship with Him?
My goal for this year, or
whatever time I have left on this earth, is to seek an intimate relationship
with God. When it is time for Him to call me home I do not want to come face to
face with just an acquaintance, I want it to be like a reunion with an intimate
friend and father.
Romans 12:2 (NASB) And do not be
conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so
that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable
and perfect.
Some who read this will
think because I have grown spiritually and now show a passion for sharing God’s
word, for fellowshipping with like believers, and for seeking His guidance and
plans for my life that I’m going through some sort of fanatic religious thing. We
all have our passions whether it is teaching, running, gardening, or even partying.
What strikes me as unfounded is that it’s okay for people to have all sorts of
passions but when someone claims there passion is seeking God’s will people
immediately roll their eyes and see it as some kind of a fanatic or bad thing. Well
my desire and passion is to share God’s word and promises and to seek His will
in my life. So judge me if you must, because I will not conform to some politically
correct agenda that dictates what I can and cannot say or believe.
Like the song says, I
will be “Standing on the promises of God
our Savior Standing on the promises that cannot fail, when the howling storms
of doubt and fear assail, By the living Word of God I shall prevail, Standing
on the promises of God.”
I wish everyone the
most awesome year of their life in 2014. Whatever life brings to me this year I
will be prepared in Christ Jesus to face it, to beat it, and to be all I can be
enjoying and appreciating every moment as it comes.
To all my prayer
warriors, friends, and family who have supported me over this past year know
that I love you and pray for only the best for you. May God be your guide in
2014.


I would never judge someone for loving God. Or for NOT loving Him for that matter. As Christians, we SEE one another. :) You are my sister in Christ now, not just a friend!
ReplyDeleteI read something yesterday from Bible Gateway (great daily devotionals, BTW) I need to share this with you. Love, Joni
"Because he delights in me, he saved me" (Ps. 18:19 NCV).
And you thought he saved you because of your decency. You thought he saved you because of your good works or good attitude or good looks. Sorry. If that were the case, your salvation would be lost when your voice went south or your works got weak. There are many reasons God saves you: to bring glory to himself, to appease his justice, to demonstrate his sovereignty. But one of the sweetest reasons God saved you is because he is fond of you. He likes having you around. He thinks you are the best thing to come down the pike in quite awhile. "As a man rejoices over his new wife, so your God will rejoice over you" (Isa. 62:5 NCV).
If God had a refrigerator, your picture would be on it. If he had a wallet, your photo would be in it. He sends you flowers every spring and a sunrise every morning. Whenever you want to talk, he'll listen. He can live anywhere in the universe, and he chose your heart. And the Christmas gift he sent you in Bethlehem? Face it, friend. He's crazy about you.
Thank you Joni. I know He loves me and nothing I could ever do in myself would be enough...only through the blood of his precious son Jesus - which makes me a child of the King..Hallelujah!
ReplyDelete